File storage providers try to differentiate themselves from each other by the services they offer. Competition is fierce, with each one trying harder and harder to sway more votes in their direction. Filesanywhere is definitely one of the better ones around.
Filesanywhere began offering cloud storage before most people even heard about cloud computing. As one of the first in the business, they have had many years to perfect their services and features. Established in 1999, the company offers much more than just online data storage. They continually improve the technology they use and work constantly on developing new features.
Features of Filesanywhere
Filesanywhere backs up and syncs everything, like many other online storage companies. Files can be accessed and restored at any time, also like many other services. So, what makes them different? They back up much more than just regular files such as documents, pictures and music, they will also back up other things such as a Twitter log.
Sharing and Collaborating
The ability to share files and collaborate online with team members and family is a big part of daily life these days. With Filesanywhere, users can:
- Embed a flash widget on any website, blog, or social network.
- Share files and folders with anyone using web links.
- Capture handwritten E-signatures.
- Create links to files to include in lead generating or personal emails.
- Allow file viewing access only.
- Receive any type of file from anyone via an upload link.
- Create sub-folders where guests can upload files.
- Create sub-accounts and manage multiple users and share folders.
- Create user access permission to share folders with others.
- Send a fax to anyone anywhere in the world.
- Receive a free fax number where anyone can send a fax to and receive PDF files by email.
- Create or import a special address book for quick and easy file sharing with many contacts at once.
- Organize contacts into teams.
- Send large files via Microsoft Outlook.
Several Plans to Choose From
- 1GB of storage space for free.
- Limited features.
- No credit card required to sign up.
- One user.
Web Basic Plan
- 1 GB to 100 GB+ storage space.
- Powerful sharing and easy to use.
- Check in and checkout control over file versions.
- SSL security and 128-bit encryption.
- Additional users can be added.
- Prices start at $2.95 per month for 1 GB and 1 user.
Web Advanced Plan
All features of Web Basic, plus:
- 5 GB to 500 GB+ storage space.
- Automatic backups on PC and Mac computers.
- Mapped drive.
- Secure FTP, FTP, and Secure WebDAV.
- Incoming email feature.
- 10 day free trial.
- Prices start at $7.95 per month for 5 GB and 1 user.
Accessibility and Connectivity
With Filesanywhere, users can work with third party providers such as Salesforce. Accounts can be accessed with mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad and Android and even send a fax with special mobile apps.
Many online storage providers save older file versions and deleted files, but Filesanywhere takes versioning to next level.
- The activity of files are logged .
- Users can define how files are to be aged .
- File versions are automatically retained .
- File versions are logged and can be tracked or rolled back.
- Deleted files are saved in case the deletion was accidental .
- Email notifications about file activity can be set for selected folders.
- Receive a daily activity report summary by email.
- Safeguard certain folders by disabling the delete option.
Free Phone Support
Phone support is available for free, worldwide, weekdays from 9 am to 9 pm (EST). The website also has a search-able knowledge base, FAQ section and email support.
The number one concern for anyone using cloud storage is security. Filesanywhere uses SSL encryption, a strong firewall, unauthorized access prevention, and shared access control to ensure all data is safe, private and hacker proof.
The front end design lacks visual appeal, although everything is straightforward and easy to navigate, the layout doesn’t look as nice as that of some other companies.
No Drag and Drop
Many users like the ease of drag and drop, which is one feature Filesanywhere currently doesn’t offer.
Although Filesanywhere works with Salesforce, users that have accounts with many apps need their cloud storage provider to be able to connect to more apps.
Filesanywhere has been around for many years, so they definitely have a lot of experience and are not likely to disappear anytime soon. They are continually upgrading and adding new features as technology permits. Currently their entire knowledge base is getting a face lift to include more topics and they have added a community forum.
To sign up and for further information, visit Filesanywhere.com.
Web Advanced Plan:
Starting at $2.95/month for 1 GB & 1 user.
+1GB for $0.60/month – $1.00/month
+1 user for $3.00/month
Web Advanced Plan:
Starting at $7.95/month for 5 GB & 1 user.
+1GB for $0.85/month – $1.00/month
+1 user for about $3.00/month
*Annual payments are available too
|Top 5 Cloud Storage|