LiveDrive vs Carbonite
What started out as a safe and secure place to store your data, cloud computing is now the number one collaboration tool. People have been working from home for decades, but there were all sorts problems with sharing data and working with a team. If you were a solo worker, no problem, but if you work with a team, you need to collaborate which meant you would have to compute to the office.
Cloud storage providers solve this problem. As an employee, you save several hours per day because you don’t have to get ready and take on that dreadful commute. As an employer, you save money because you can cut down on office space and your employees will be more productive because there is less pressure on them when they work from the comfort of their own homes.
Now, you just have to choose the best cloud computing solution for your needs.
|Price||$7.95/mo – $49.95/mo||$59/yr – $149/yr|
|Mobile Access (Compatible Website)|
|Customer Support||Email, live chat. Phone service for $19.95 per year|
|Security||128-bit encryption used||128-bit encryption used|
What LiveDrive Offers
LiveDrive is rapidly becoming the most loved online storage provider because:
- Back up your files, sync files across multiple computers, remote access from anywhere. LiveDrive is the complete solution for both individuals and businesses.
- Infrastructure. They use their own storage facilities, rather than outsource to a third party. This means your data is safer and easier to access because LiveDrive takes full responsibility to keep servers up and running, without the hassle associated with relying on another company.
- Competitive pricing. LiveDrive has some of the best prices available – starting at just $7.95 per month.
- Flexible and easy to use. LiveDrive is up and running in just a few minutes. The easy to use interface is ideal for everyone.
- Advanced features. The company adapts to the needs of its customers. They believe in looking after their customers and provide a great service for individuals, professionals and hobbyists.
- Mobile access. All apps and mobile web portals are completely free for all members, regardless of which type of plan you choose.
What Carbonite Offers
Carbonite is one of the oldest and best known online storage providers.
- Unlimited storage. Carbonite allows you to back up as much data as you like, for one flat rate.
- Simple. Every time a file is changed, it is automatically backed up. The system is easy to set up and very easy to use.
- Remote access. Files can accessed from any computer, anywhere in the world. All you need is your user ID and password and you can log-in to the web portal to see your files. Files can also be accessed via iPhone and BlackBerry.
LiveDrive uses AES-128 military grade encryption. Files are stored multiple times in case something happens to one server, files are still safe and can still be restored.
Carbonite uses 128-bit encryption during transmission as well as during storage.
Prices and Plans
LiveDrive works with PC and Mac. All plans come with a 14 day free trial and have unlimited storage. The difference between plans is the features available.
- The basic plan is just $7.95 per month or $79.95 per year and comes with all of the basic features you need to store your data and access them from anywhere.
- The briefcase is $15.95 per month or $159.95 per year and offers the additional file sharing benefits and access from mobile devices.
- The pro suite is $24.95 per month or $249.95 per year and can back up 5 computers. Additional features include FTP and WebDav and priority customer support.
Carbonite offers a 15 day free trial. All plans offer the same features and benefits. include:
- One year of unlimited backup – $59
- Two years of unlimited backup – $109
- Three years of unlimited backup – $139
LiveDrive has a complete online help section for members – search-able knowledge base, complete FAQ section and email support. Non-members looking for more information can email various departments to get answers to any questions they may have.
Carbonite also offers a complete online help section – FAQ section, knowledge base, email support, video tutorials, how-to guides, chat and phone support.
This is a tight race – both companies offer a free trial, unlimited storage and excellent customer service. Neither one offers a free plan. And the prices are very close, although LiveDrive is a little pricier (only $20 more per year). They both offer remote access and file sharing. But, LiveDrive pulls ahead by offering tighter security, plus the fact that they do not outsource to a third party data center. By controlling their own data centers, companies can control and monitor uptime and security better than companies that outsource. For individuals, small businesses and large corporations, LiveDrive is certainly a better choice.
Click here to join LiveDrive!
|Top 5 Cloud Storage|