MyPCBackup Vs. Mozy
As the online backup service provider battle continues, we strive to bring you the latest. You can not make an informed decision unless you know what these companies are doing to improve their services to serve you better. Once launched, these companies do not sit by idly waiting for customers to flock to sign up. Well, maybe they do at first, but then they dig down deep to see how they can improve on the service they provide to their customers. That is what makes the battle so fierce, and that is why we keep you up to date with the latest additions to the slew of features each company offers.
|Capacity||Unlimited||1TB (More available by phone)|
|Price||$4.49 – $9.95||$5.99 – $332.5|
|Mobile Access (Compatible Website)|
|Mobile Apps||iPhone, iPad, Android||iPhone, iPad, Android|
|Customer Support||Email, Phone and Live Chat||Email, Phone and Live Chat|
|Security||256-bit encryption used||256-bit encryption used|
|Special Promotions||35% OFF all plans. Click here to learn more.||N/A|
- Compatibility – With the easy to use web-based control panel, you can access all of the data that has been backed up and synced, from any device connected to the internet, and from anywhere in the world. This includes tablets, desktop and laptop computers and smart phones. The system can be used with Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- Sharing files – Files can be shared with anyone by inviting them to view your files via email, Facebook, Twitter or by giving them a special, custom link.
- Easy access – Files can be accessed from anywhere, at any time.
- Versioning – Older file versions are saved in case you accidentally delete a file or it becomes corrupted.
- Syncing files – Syncing and backups occur automatically in the background so that you never lose any important data.
- PC locator – This is a special feature not offered by too many other companies. This feature locates your computer in case it is ever lost or stolen. You can also remotely clear your data if you don’t think you will be able to get your computer back.
Features of Mozy
- Backups – Mozy backs up and syncs all files, including open files, which saves you a lot of time. You never have to stop what you are doing, close all files and wait for the backup to complete. Operations you normally keep open, like Outlook, and spreadsheets are safely backed up, without interfering with your work. Previous file versions are saved for up to 30 days, in case a file is accidentally deleted or you have to look back at what changes have been made.
- Scheduling – If you don’t want files to be backed up automatically, you can choose to schedule a backup at any time you choose.
- Unlimited file size – Files of any size or type will be backed up, however this is not the default setting. You have to make manual adjustments for files larger than 100 MB.
- The Mozy system is compatible with Windows XP, 7, and Vista, and with Mac operating systems OS X 10.7, 10.6, 10.5, and 10.4.
- Mozy apps are available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch and for Android devices.
- Set Up – A video tutorial guides new users through a step-by-step process to set up the system.
Mozy understands the importance of security and therefore employs 256 bit AES military grade security software to encrypt data. Mozy is one of the few online storage providers to take the extra step of obtaining ISO 27001 certification and successfully completing an SSAE 16 audit.
MyPCBackup also knows that security is a major concern for each and every user. That is why they keep all data constantly encrypted with the highest security available, and also uses 256 bit AES military grade security software to keep your data confidential. Throughout every stage of the file transfer process, your files are extremely secure. The data storage centers are state of the art facilities which are monitored around the clock.
Plans and Prices
Unlimited amount of storage space for $4.49 per month, when you apply the special 35% discount offered to every new user. You can sign up for free and start backing your files immediately, and then sign up later if you feel this is the right online service provider for your needs.
- A free 2 GB plan.
- 50 GB plan for $5.99 per month.
- Customizable business plans – starting at $19.99 per month. Read more on MozyPro.
- Enterprise plans with custom pricing.
Mozy has a full “how it works” section, complete FAQ, search-able knowledge base, various online tutorials and a community forum where users can chat and help each other out with problems or concerns. Tech support is available over live online chat, by email or over the phone. The company has offices in many countries all around the world, so support is always available day or night.
MyPCBackup has a complete FAQ section to answer any questions you may have. There is also a community forum where you can chat with fellow users. To really help you understand the system, you can watch a variety of video tutorials, or you can contact support via email. An additional feature you don’t find with too many online storage service providers is the speed test, which lets you quickly check the speed of a backup.
These companies are very competitive and offer very similar services. You can clearly see they are definitely in a fierce battle to be the best in the business. But, the bottom line says that unlimited storage space for less than $5 per month wins the race. That means MyPCBackup in the winner in this battle.
|Top 5 Cloud Storage|