MyPCBackup Vs. SugarSync
With the market for online backup services becoming more competitive by the day, it’s almost impossible to keep up with what’s on offer or to make an informed decision on which service to choose. With each of these companies constantly striving to improve their services to beat the competition, it can often feel like a bit of a minefield. Luckily, we’re here to help by giving you an up-to-date rundown of the services on offer and compare the services for you to make your decision that little bit easier.
|Price||$4.49 – $9.95||$4.99 – $39.99|
|Mobile Access (Compatible Website)|
|Mobile Apps||iPhone, iPad, Android||iPhone, iPad, Android|
|Customer Support||Email, Phone and Live Chat||Email, Phone and Live Chat|
|Security||256-bit encryption used||128-bit encryption used|
|Special Promotions||35% OFF all plans. Click here to learn more.||N/A|
- Multi-platform compatibility – Providing the customer with a straightforward, self-explanatory web based interface MyPC Backup allows you to access all of your previously backed-up and synced data from any web-connected device – tablets, laptops, PCs and smart phones – from anywhere in the world. This system is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- Easy file sharing – No need for multiple user log-ins or dedicated web portals; files can be shared via custom links, e-mail or social networking services such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Unlimited Storage – A rarity in the world of online backups, as most give you an allowance with the option to purchase more storage.
- Versioning – Older versions of your files are saved alongside the new ones, making it quick and easy to restore a file that’s been accidentally deleted or to revert to a previous version of vital project files.
- Syncing files – With backup and sync operations automatically being performed in the background, you never have to lose data or worry about forgetting to upload manually.
- PC locator – An extremely rare feature in the world of online backup services, the PC locator allows you to find your PC instantly should it be lost or stolen and, if you fear your system may be irrecoverable, you can remotely delete all of your data from the system.
- Mobile apps – MyPCBackup apps are available for Apple and Android devices.
Features of SygarSync
- Multi-device syncing – SugarSync allows you to sync files on multiple devices, so you have access to the same files instantly on your PC at home, your laptop and your office computer. While not a totally unique feature, one of the big plusses of SugarSync is that you can sync files between PCs and Macs, as it’s among the few systems compatible with both.
- Offline File access – While also offering the standard continuous background synchronization, it also allows you to work on a file from the cloud while offline and will automatically sync the new and edited files next time you connect to the internet.
- Simple data restore – Ever had the frustration of losing all your data to a computer crash? SugarSync allows you to easily restore all of your personal data – including photos, videos and music – to your new system.
- Mac compatibility – Finding Mac-compatible backup solutions is still something of a frustration for Apple users. SugarSync is one of the comparatively-rare services that offer access to Mac owners.
- Mobile apps – SugarSync apps are available for Apple, Android, Windows, BlackBerry and Symbian devices.
- Remote access – Ever been stuck on the train when you’ve received a call from the boss requesting a file urgently? SugarSync allows you to access multiple computers remotely from your tablet or smart phone in seconds.
SugarSync offers extremely reliable security services, transferring data using TLS (Transport Layer Security) and stores them in the cloud using 128-bit AES encryption – the same level of security offered by online banking services from the likes of HSBC and PayPal.
MyPCBackup also makes security their top priority, with all data kept constantly encrypted to the highest level and offering 256-bit AES – military grade – security software to make sure your confidential data stays confidential. Throughout every stage of the transfer process, your files are kept extremely secure, with data being stored and monitored around-the-clock in state-of-the-art facilities.
Plans and Prices
Unlimited amount of storage space for $4.49 per month, with the special 35% discount offered to every new user (who can find the hidden link on their homepage!) It’s free to sign up and begin to backup your files and they even offer a fourteen-day free trial to allow you to be 100% certain that this is the right service to suit your data storage needs.
- A free 5 GB plan
- A 30 GB plan for $4.99/month or $49.99/year, with 30-day free trial.
- A 60 GB plan for $9.99/month or $99.99/year, with 30-day free trial.
- A 100 GB plan for $14.99/month or $149.99/year, with 30-day free trial.
- A 250 GB plan for $24.99/month or $249.99/year, with 30-day free trial.
- A 500 GB plan for $39.99/month or $399.99/year, with 30-day free trial.
SugarSync offers a comprehensive support portal, offering full FAQs, forum, video tutorials, e-mail support and a live chat feature, making instant support available at all times in whatever format suits you.
MyPCBackup also offers a complete FAQ section, community forum, video tutorials and email support to help you get to grips with the system quickly and easily. The video tutorials are especially helpful. Another nice – and extremely uncommon – feature is the speed test, which allows you to quickly check the speed of your backup.
The two companies are hard to separate, with SugarSync’s Mac compatibility making it a strong contender in the marketplace and intensifying the battle for online backup supremacy. If you’re a Mac user, that’ll appeal to you. The bottom line here, however, is that for Windows users it’s hard to beat unlimited storage for less than $5 per month. With so little else to tell between the two offerings, it’s the low price that makes MyPCBackup the undisputed winner in this contest.
|Top 5 Cloud Storage|