SugarSync vs Boxbestonlinefilestorage.net
Computers come and go. The technology becomes outdated, or the machine simply dies of old age. If you store your irreplaceable photos and important files on your computer, they will be lost forever. External hard drives are just as vulnerable to disaster. Cloud storage is safe and secure. The cloud will never crash or become outdated. On the contrary, updates and new technology is introduced without the loss of any data. You always have the best and latest technology backing up your precious files.
The battle between online storage providers continues. Each company is continually updating their services and offering newer and better features to lure more and more individuals and businesses towards them. How do you choose? Inform yourself of what each company can offer you, and then decide which one best suits your needs.
|Price||$4.99 – $39.99||$15/user/month|
|Mobile Access (Compatible Website)|
|Mobile App||iPhone, iPad, Android||iPhone, iPad, Android|
|Customer Support||Email, phone, live chat||Email, phone|
(Only for business subscribers)
|Security||128-bit encryption used||128-bit encryption used|
- Syncing – Sugarsync automatically syncs files across multiple computers. It will sync PCs, Macs, plus PCs with Macs. You choose the folders you want to sync and where you want them synced.
- Backups – Backups work silently in the background, so important data is constantly saved and available.
- Cloud storage – Files are backed up and stored in your secure Personal Cloud, so you can access them from anywhere.
- File sharing – Seamlessly sync and share entire folders or just the files you choose. Files are synced to shared folders for seamless online file sharing.
- File versions – SugarSync keeps five versions of files and only the most recent counts towards your space allotment.
- File archiving – Archiving allows you to save older data you may need in the future, but does not get updated or synced.
- File sharing – Not just sharing, but you can give permission for others to edit or update your files for team projects. Any folder can be turned into an online workroom.
- File versions – Multiple versions of files are saved for future reference.
- Comments and discussions – Team members can post comments in the workroom and reply to the comments of others.
- Task manager – You can assign tasks to certain team members with personalized instructions, approve their work or update files.
- Activity feed – Real time activity report to help you keep on top of all of your projects and to see how well team members are progressing with the project. You can see which apps team members are using and how they are using them.
- Google Docs integration – Create Google Docs and spreadsheets you can share with others.
SugarSync guarantees secure file uploading and downloading with industry standard TLS (SSL 3.3) encryption. Every piece of data is verified as secure whether you are uploading, downing or accessing your files remotely. There are several security options for file sharing such as password protection and settings to either allow or not allow others to make changes to your files.
Box also uses industry standard security. Policies can be configured for password strength, failed log-ins, session duration, permission for access and editing, and expiration dates for file access.
Prices and Plans
- Free 5 GB plan.
- 30 GB – $4.99 / month or $49.99 / year 30 day free trial.
- 60 GB – $9.99 / month or $99.99 / year 30 day free trial.
- 100 GB – $14.99 / month or $149.99 / year 30 day free trial.
- A 250 GB plan for a special introductory price of $24.99 / month or $249.99 / year.
- A 500 GB plan for a special introductory price of $39.99 / month or $399.99 / year.
- Personal plans – 5 GB free, 25 GB / $9.99 per month, 50 GB / $19.95 per month.
- Business plans – $15 per user / month 14 day free trial.
- Enterprise – custom pricing.
SugarSync offers a full online support base. Live chat, knowledge-base, community forum and email support are free to all members, whether they have a free or paid account. Unlimited phone support can be added to individual paid or free accounts for $99.99 per year. Phone support is included in all business plans.
Box offers online support in the form of a community forum, knowledge-base and email support tickets. They don’t appear to offer any type of live chat help or phone support at this time.
Boxbestonlinefilestorage.net (known simply as Box) is great for collaborating with team members. You can work together in real time and keep a close eye on what everyone is doing. SugarSync also has advanced file sharing and collaborating capabilities, but seems to be more geared to individuals than businesses. Overall, SugarSync is a much better value for your money. Both companies offer 5 GB free space, but once you get into the paid plans, SugarSync offers more storage space for half the price. Throw in the live chat and phone support and SugarSync is clearly the winner!
|Top 5 Cloud Storage|